Friday, August 29, 2008

More "Change"


I just finished watching John McCain introduce his VP pick, Sarah Palin. I am ecstatic about McCain’s choice. Sarah Palin is the current governor of Alaska. She is an ardent social conservative, and she is pro-life and believes marriage is between one man and one woman. Before she was governor, she was a major of Wasilla. Part of what I love about her is that she is a mother of five and she and her husband celebrated their 20th anniversary today. Her oldest son who is 18 enlisted in the Army on September 11th, 2007 and her youngest son who is three months old has Down syndrome. She has three daughters in between.
She describes herself as a hockey mom, and when she was in high school she was on a star basketball team. She is a lifetime NRA member and enjoys hunting and fishing. She also runs marathons. What a woman!! I hope to be someday as well-rounded as she is. I think McCain made an excellent choice for his running mate.
Palin is the first woman running mate on the Republican ticket. I am so happy that quite possibly the first woman in the presidency will be a conservative! This running mate announcement comes in same week as the 88th anniversary of women’s suffrage. I am proud to be a conservative woman.

2 comments:

Heather Mills said...

Gotta love Palin! Now that she is the VP nom, I am voting for McCain for more than just keeping Obama out of office!

Matt, Stephanie and Hayden Berglind said...

Hi Sarah! I was wondering if you knew how I can get a hold of MIndy. I have her pre-mission cell phone number, is that still the one she uses??